Online kalarippayattu training may seem an unusual idea, but because of the worldwide pandemy of coronavirus which has been on for several months and nothing is as it was, we made a decision that was as risky as – as it turned out – exciting both for us and for you, and we moved our classes to the internet. You can read more about this ideological struggle in this article on our blog.
Openness to various possibilities, sympathy and enthusiasm of participants has given us faith and energy to be active this way.
We have run regular online live classes since March 12. From June 1, we will be able to come back to regular classes in our space but we decided also to continue online trainings in a slightly modified form.
- Learning kalarippayattu basics
- Keeping regularity of practice
- Maintaining physical health thanks to variety of conditioning and stretching exercises
- Developing focus and coordination
- Releasing stress and tension
- Resting mentally
- Organizing daily schedule
- Being part of an international community of kalari passionates
SCHEDULE AND FEE
SCHEDULE for June 1-30, 2020
4 live trainings per week (later videos are saved on the group)
Mondays* and Wednesdays: 7pm-8pm CET
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9am-10am CET
If you can’t take part in live classes, you can do them any time convenient for you – the videos are saved in the group.
Platform: a private group on Facebook
Teacher: Justyna Rodzińska-Nair
For the trainings in the period June 1-30, 2020, the fee is 110 PLN / 25 EUR / 28 USD.
Participants of online trainings get 10% discount for workshops.
HOW TO SIGN UP
1. Pay the fee to the account:
Acount holder: Towarzystwo Kultury Czynnej
Address: Dembowskiego St. 92/1, 51-669 Wroclaw, Poland
Account number/IBAN: PL 21 2030 0045 1110 0000 0274 6670
2. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send the receipt of transfer.
3. Request access to the Studio Kalari Online group on Facebook.
Organisation of trainings
- 4 live trainings per week (60 min. each)
- total of 18 trainings in June
- month-long access to all videos
- student-teacher forum available all time
- 10% off for all workshops
- Fee in June: 25 EUR / 28 USD
What you will develop
Schedule for July and August, 2020
In July and August, access to online trainings will be available only for participants who already took part in our trainings.
New students are welcome to join online classes for beginners in September. Contact us to be informed about details once they are announced.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING KALARI ONLINE
- Online training has its own characteristics and it does not suit everyone. We do what is possible at home for people at very different levels – there are advanced, beginners and complete novices. We try to choose universal and space-saving exercises that can be done in a small space. We also often give different versions of exercises – easier and more difficult.
- In online classes, we focus on conditioning and stretching exercises, animal postures and simple sequences of movements.
- Unfortunately, we do not see how you practice, so we repeat the most important priciples and explain certain aspects of the practice, paying attention to details.
- Everyone trains at their own responsibility – during training, please pay attention to your experience, health and psycho-physical condition in general and also on a given day.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR CLASSES
- Refresh the room before training, but try not to cool it down too much.
- Try to move a bit before a class starts – even a short walk around your apartment or even room will help you to warm up muscles and joints.
- Practice in a comfortable outfit, barefoot, on a non-slippery ground.
- Make sure the battery in your phone / tablet or computer is charged, or connect a power source.
- At the time when a training starts, go to the group page; you may need to refresh the page.
- We encouarge you to say hello on the chat when you enter a training. Thanks to this, we can get to know each other better and create a friendly atmosphere 😊
- If you want to follow a training at another times, go the tab Films on the group or find a film on the main group wall.
Testimonials of our online students
I enjoy that I can watch the video when it suits me, although I do miss the contact with other people. There is a great variety of exercises and the regular repetition makes it easier to learn, as well as the precise and complete explanations of our instructor Justyna. I also love that we can do the exercises at our own rhythm, within our own limits. The trainings are as challenging as we want them to be, and that's great!