Kalarippayattu is an ancient South Indian martial art
that combines work on your body, mind and spirit.
Thanks to kalarippayattu practice you will:
- move, strengthen and stretch your body
- learn multi-faceted exercises which are not just mechanic repetition
- improve stamina, concentration and coordination thanks to dynamic sequences
- after some time you may learn also advanced techniques of empty hand fighting, stick fighting and other weaponry
- learn a martial art which is closely related to Indian holistic medicine Ayurveda
- pratise under guidance of an Indian master of kalarippayattu who is also an runs Ayurvedic doctor
- practice in a company of kindred spirits who follow similar values not only in physical activities but also in other spheres of life
Still wondering if kalari is for you?
Trainings incredibly strengthen and shape both body and mind. This holistic approach is the thing I appreciate most in kalari.
The forms which we practise let me find rhythm (both my own, as well as the group one) and flow of energy, as well as integrate body and mind. Often there is lots of laugh during trainings, but at the same time there is awareness and respect paid to people, practice itself, to body and space.
During a training, apart from physical activity and workout, you can always learn something about yourself, about anatomy, about how our work and habits – in movement or food – influence us. However it would not be so remarkable and involving without Sankar, Justyna and people who gathered around this school. People of different professions and interests, connected by the belief that you can overcome your limits and what matters is the path and work.
If you want to stay tuned to our activities and receive information about:
- regular trainings
- online trainings
- workshops in Poland and abroad, including India
- articles on blog
⇓ subscribe to our newsletter below ⇓