Fitness and gym make no sense?
BJJ and MMA sound black magic?
Bike and swimming are not enough?
But you like and want to move.
To experience workout and precise energy.
To clear your mind and change attitude to reality.
To feel the movement changing your spirit.
Come to kalari then!
Kalarippayattu is an ancient South Indian martial art that combines work on body, mind and spirit.
On our trainings you will:
- move, strengthen and stretch your body
- learn multi-faceted exercises which are not just mechanic repetition
- improve stamina, concentration and coordination thanks to dynamic sequences
- practice in a company of people who follow similar values to yours not only in physical activities but also in other spheres of life
- lean a martial art which is closely related to Indian holistic medicine Ayurveda
- perhaps you will get involved much enough to learn also advanced techniques of empty hand fighting, stick fighting and other weaponry
- pratise under guidance of an Indian master of kalarippayattu who parallely runs Ayurvedic treatments
Still wondering if kalari is something for you?
Trainings incredibly strengthen and shape both body and mind. This holistic approach is the thing I appreciate most in kalari.
The forms which we practise let me find rhythm (both my own, as well as the group one) and flow of energy, as well as integrate body and mind. Often there is lots of laugh during trainings, but at the same time there is awareness and respect paid to people, practice itself, to body and space.
During a training, apart from physical activity and workout, you can always learn something about yourself, about anatomy, about how our work and habits – in movement or food – influence us. However it would not be so remarkable and involving without Sankar, Justyna and people who gathered around this school. People of different professions and interests, connected by the belief that you can overcome your limits and what matters is the path and work.